Please visit their web site for more general information www.shakeoutbc.ca/
We can adapt this before the 16th, but this is what I presently propose we do:
1. Wednesday evening, October 15th starting at 17:30
- Participate in regular BC Public Service Net and EMBC HF nets from Ranger Park and/or home stations, preferably on non-commercial power.
- Test voice (IRLP, HF) and HF WinLink email links to from Ranger Park station to Terrace PREOC (EMBC office).
2. Thursday, October 16th at 10:16
- everyone practice (or at least ponder) the Drop, Cover, and Hold-on maxim for earthquakes.
- official station send ShakeOut radio email traffic from Town of Smithers fire chief to EMBC in Terrace (via Ranger Park).
- everyone take the opportunity to review personal and family emergency preparedness (see ShakeOut web site), and radio preparedness. Are your batteries in good shape and kept charged, etc.
Everyone keep track of the time they spent on any ShakeOut activities and forward to me for the record.
Other ideas for the group or as individuals??